Unit Visit Tracking System
The Unit Visit Tracking System is a tool for those in commissioner service to record and review information about their contact with the units they serve. With regular and consistent use, this system can provide each commissioner an "at-a-glance" overview of recent visits and a history of communications with each unit, which can help to provide timely and consistent support.
UVTS and the Journey to Excellence
The Journey to Excellence has one of the criteria as unit visits recorded in UVTS. Commissioners need to record their unit visits in UVTS in order for this criteria to be met. Most important to Commissioner Service is making quality visits to units on a regular basis. Entering unit health and unit issues in UVTS and talking about them with the Commissioner team will ensure quality service to units. The recording will give historical information about a unit and how a problem was solved. This will also be helpful when there is a change of personnel calling on the unit.
UVTS Facts and Information
When was it posted online?
What are the main features of UVTS?
- The Unit Visit Tracking System (UVTS) has a new look, better navigation, improved features, and major enhancements requested since the original December 1, 2008, launch.
- All commissioners can make reports on unit visit/contacts and have these reports reviewed by administrative commissioners using the web-based, self-managed system.
- Administrative commissioners may add comments to reports entered by other commissioners based on their assigned council or district organization structure.
- The Export Visits Summary displays all units in the selected organization and totals the number of unit visit reports entered for each unit.
- Flexible entry of unit visit reports and comments:
- Commissioners may add new unit visit reports to any unit within their organizational structure based on their registered position.
- Administrative commissioners may add administrative comments to visit reports within their organizational structure.
- Commissioners may view all comments entered for any visit report within their organizational structure from the Comments link.
- Only the original visit or comment author may edit or delete entries.
- Versatile methods to filter, search, and sort visit reports, allowing for customized viewing
- Visits display has additional unit data including expiration date, charter date, renewal status, and months' unit tenure.
- Visits display has a new filter search by commissioner name, and new sort order by expiration date, charter date, renewal status, and months' unit tenure.
- Search allows the commissioner to find units by type, unit type and number, unit number, or chartered organization name.
- The Filter and Sort utility feature assists in customizing how reports are viewed.
- Power in reporting tools:
- The Export Visits List is expanded with additional data fields and the administrative comments. The files export in two format types.
- The PDF format is improved and expanded with more information in the summary format. The report may be previewed and saved.
- The Export Visits Summary provides a listing of all units within the organizational structure and number of visit reports for each unit.
- The reporting tools track unit visits and vital statistics on unit health.
How can I get training for UVTS?
- Current support materials are listed below under Resources.
How can I get additional support and help?
- The Unit Visit Tracking System Online help desk provides personal assistance from an operator and details on the system with links to each section of content.
The number is for commissioners only:
Commissioner UVTS Hotline: 1-972-672-4389
Hours: The operator is on call to answer questions 8 am -10 pm.
Monday through Saturday. Leave a message and they will call you back.
- For volunteers who have questions on MyScouting access or UVTS, please send an email to MyScouting@scouting.org with your user name, email address, and contact information , council name and headquarters city, and your question.
- The MyScouting sign-in includes an FAQ help document about MyScouting accounts.
How many councils are now using UVTS?
- Commissioners in every council are using UVTS.
Will UVTS be part of the new BSA Journey to Excellence Quality Awards for Councils and Districts (2011)?
- Yes, UVTS is one of the criteria for Journey to Excellence.
It's important that all districts adopt UVTS, train their commissioner staff, and utilize the new system. In this way, Scouting will have, for the first time, national and council databases of commissioners' activities. This will allow us to improve the functions of commissioners with their goals of retaining units and youth in the program and will help improve the quality and functions of the units in Scouting.
Unit Visit Tracking Instructions
Unit Visit Tracking FAQ
Unit Visit Tracking Presentation/Training
Unit Visit Tracking Video
Unit Visit Tracking System Report