Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume by 9/11/20 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Scout Shop Sales Associate
Position of Immediate Supervisor: Controller
Provide professional service to all customers of the Scout Shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering unparalleled customer service to customers visiting or calling the store and resolving customer service issues.
- Responsible for maintaining operational and merchandising standards and keeping store and merchandise clean and displayed properly.
- Responsible for learning and operating computer retail and management software provided by the BSA.
- Process Custom Orders within 24 hours including, but not limited to:
- Printed Flags
- Customized Patches
- Custom Clothing Orders
- Process all orders on a weekly basis to cover customer orders and restocking the floor using Council Purchase Order policy and obtaining the approval of Scout Shop Manager.
- Need to keep up on past sales history and trends.
- Need to be aware of specialty items.
- Need to be aware of merchandise needed for events (i.e. Pinewood Derby, Raingutter Regatta, Space Derby, Back-to-School, etc.).
- Process mail and phone orders.
- Complete End of Day paperwork and deposits, and balance cash drawers.
- Generate monthly reports.
- Conduct annual physical store inventory.
- Coordinate District/Council Event Ordering (District Award of Merit, Plaque Engraving, etc.).
- Receive incoming orders.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Other work related activities:
As determined by the Controller and/or Council management, assist in other areas of council operations when needed: i.e. School Night, Popcorn Delivery, Council Events, Rechartering, Eagle Processing, and advising Council Operating Committees.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Retail and merchandising experience.
- Ability to multitask and work with accuracy and speed.
- Proven marketing and advertising skills.
- Type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors.
This position requires maintaining a good working relationship with other Professionals and Support Staff. This position requires significant involvement with volunteers including recruiting, relationships, training, motivation, and direction.
This position may, from time to time, call for any of the following physical activities: climbing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
Sedentary work, light work, medium and heavy work.
Reading, detail work, confidentiality, problem solving, language, stress, training, math, reasoning, verbal communication, written communication, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions. Knowledge and ability to use computer software is desirable but not mandatory.
Inside and outside environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold.
Subscribe to the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and leadership standards of the Boy Scouts of America.
Helpful to have had experience in BSA field operations.
Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal.
Ability to lead and inspire staff and volunteers.
Accountability will be determined through the development, implementation, and regular reviews of specific critical achievements.
Dress Code and Official Scout Uniform:
You will be expected to present yourself in a positive manner by maintaining a neat and clean appearance.