Position: Program Aide
Position location: Burlington, Iowa
Council Website: www.mississippivalleybsa.org
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
The Program Aide selected will:
- Plan and execute a one-hour after-school program for elementary aged boys and girls. Each week the activity/program will be conducted at three different elementary schools on three different days.
- Continue to develop and be a steward of our relationship with the Burlington Community School District
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible, and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work after school three days a week, one day at each of our three locations
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. Compensation will start at $11/Hour with an average of 4 hours per week (three for meetings and one hour for planning)
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.