7/13/20 Cub & Webelos Adventure Camp
As we look at our program plan and the safety of our Scouts, we have made the decision to cancel our Summer Webelos Adventure Camp scheduled for August 28-30th and Cub Scout Adventure Camps scheduled for September 11 -13th and 18th -20th.
6/30/20 Troop/Pack Camping
The State of IL has moved into Phase 4 for the time being. We are allowed to offer camping at our IL based camps to family units, but not to organized scouting units, such as packs and troops. We are not allowed to do any overnight camping as a group. They are requiring us to stay in groups less than 15 people for when we do have gatherings which is why our program weekends turned into program days. I have attached guidance on day camp guidance that we provided to me by the Adams County Department of Public Health. I hope this helps!
https://dceocovid19resources.com/assets/Restore-Illinois/businessguidelines4/daycamps.pdf - Organized Camp Guidance with Phase 4.
https://dceocovid19resources.com/assets/Restore-Illinois/businessguidelines3/privateRVparkscampgrounds.pdf - Family Camping Guidance from Phase 3. Have not seen updates to this guidance under Phase 4.
6/28/20 Summer Programs & NYLT
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) has been cancelled.
Check out our summer activities:
- Cub Scout Adventures in a Box: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AdventureBox
- Merit Badge Boxes: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MB-Boxes
- Scouts BSA Adventure Weekends: https://www.mississippivalleybsa.org/events/adventure-weekend/
6/4/20 Families Invited to SSR and CE
Camp Reservation Guidelines
As of June 15th, we are able to allow families to reserve campsites at our two properties, Saukenauk Scout Reservation and Camp Eastman. Reservations will be taken by families and not units, up to 10 people. We will assign one family per campsite. Please contact Teresa Hardin (Teresa.email@example.com or 319‐754‐8413) directly to reserve sites and refrain from using the online camp sign up portal.
According to guidance provided by the State of Illinois, face masks must be worn when 6-foot social distancing cannot be met when socializing with members outside of your family unit. The MVC will follow this guidance very strictly and you may be asked to leave the camp if this guidance is not being adhered to. Please see the guidelines from the State of Illinois.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Heather Huebner, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319‐316‐3144 or Ricci Dula, Scout Executive, at email@example.com or 217‐224‐0204.
5/20/20 Camp Update
Dear Scouting family,
First and foremost, we hope that this email finds you and your family well. It goes without saying that we are living through an unprecedented and concerning time.
Keeping in mind the ever-changing nature of the pandemic, the Mississippi Valley Council has decided to cancel Scouts BSA summer camp at Saukenauk Scout Reservation and Camp Eastman for 2020. We prioritize the safety of our Scouts and campers and want to make sure we are able to provide a full program of adventure.
If you are looking for Scouting programming throughout the summer, the Mississippi Valley Council will be providing virtual advancement opportunities and program days at our camps that include adventure treks as restriction are lifted.
- July 18-19: Shooting Weekend at Saukenauk Scout Reservation-Includes earning merit badges and shooting sports. Scouts will be able to camp overnight.
- July 25-26: Hiking & Climbing Adventure – Start at Camp Eastman and hike to Saukenauk Scout Reservation. After arriving at Saukenauk Scout Reservation, Scouts will be able to participate in climbing and camp overnight.
- TBA: Waterfront Adventure at Camp Eastman-Scouts will be able to participate in boating and canoeing activities. Scouts will be able to camp overnight.
Cub Scout and Webelos Summer camps are still planned for August and September. Please visit our website for all updates - https://www.mississippivalleybsa.org/campupdates/.
We will be in contact by June 1st to discuss your refund options. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Teresa Hardin at 319-754-8413 or Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope all our Scouting families stay healthy and positive in our current environment and join us in preparing for future great summer camp experiences at Camp Eastman and Saukenauk Scout Reservation
If you have any other questions or concerns, you can reach us at 217-224-0204 or by email at email@example.com.
Jim Mehaffy Ricci Dula Heather Huebner
Council Program Chair Scout Executive Program Director
5/17/20 Summer Camp FAQ Updates
5/15/20 Roundtable Information
5/14/20 Summer Camp FAQ
Download our current FAQ document. You may send additional questions to MVC@scouting.org
FAQ Updated on 5/17/20. Please scroll up to download.
5/12/20 Summer Camp Update
Greetings, many of you are asking questions about our summer camp programs. We have postponed our summer camps and are working with local health officials and the state of Illinois. We are mission driven and want to find a way to safely offer our camp programs. Things are still changing on a daily basis and we will post all updates to this page with a date they are posted.
All June Camps have been postponed. Here is our revised date list but please note these dates are subject to change.
- Scouts BSA at CE Session 1 – July 5-11
- Scouts BSA at CE Session 2 – July 12-18
- Scouts BSA at CE Session 3 – July 19-25
- Scouts BSA at SSR: July 26-August 1 (Sessions 1 and 2 consolidated to just the 1 session)
- Webelos Adventure Camp @ SSR: August 28-30 (Session A and B consolidated to just 1 session)
- Cub Adventure Camp @ Eastman: Session 1 September 11-13, Session 2 September 18-20 (Sessions A-C consolidated to 2 sessions)