5/20/20 Camp Update
Dear Scouting family,
First and foremost, we hope that this email finds you and your family well. It goes without saying that we are living through an unprecedented and concerning time.
Keeping in mind the ever-changing nature of the pandemic, the Mississippi Valley Council has decided to cancel Scouts BSA summer camp at Saukenauk Scout Reservation and Camp Eastman for 2020. We prioritize the safety of our Scouts and campers and want to make sure we are able to provide a full program of adventure.
If you are looking for Scouting programming throughout the summer, the Mississippi Valley Council will be providing virtual advancement opportunities and program days at our camps that include adventure treks as restriction are lifted.
- July 18-19: Shooting Weekend at Saukenauk Scout Reservation-Includes earning merit badges and shooting sports. Scouts will be able to camp overnight.
- July 25-26: Hiking & Climbing Adventure – Start at Camp Eastman and hike to Saukenauk Scout Reservation. After arriving at Saukenauk Scout Reservation, Scouts will be able to participate in climbing and camp overnight.
- TBA: Waterfront Adventure at Camp Eastman-Scouts will be able to participate in boating and canoeing activities. Scouts will be able to camp overnight.
Cub Scout and Webelos Summer camps are still planned for August and September. Please visit our website for all updates - https://www.mississippivalleybsa.org/campupdates/.
We will be in contact by June 1st to discuss your refund options. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Teresa Hardin at 319-754-8413 or Teresa.email@example.com.
We hope all our Scouting families stay healthy and positive in our current environment and join us in preparing for future great summer camp experiences at Camp Eastman and Saukenauk Scout Reservation
If you have any other questions or concerns, you can reach us at 217-224-0204 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Mehaffy Ricci Dula Heather Huebner
Council Program Chair Scout Executive Program Director
5/17/20 Summer Camp FAQ Updates
5/15/20 Roundtable Information
5/14/20 Summer Camp FAQ
Download our current FAQ document. You may send additional questions to MVC@scouting.org
FAQ Updated on 5/17/20. Please scroll up to download.
5/12/20 Summer Camp Update
Greetings, many of you are asking questions about our summer camp programs. We have postponed our summer camps and are working with local health officials and the state of Illinois. We are mission driven and want to find a way to safely offer our camp programs. Things are still changing on a daily basis and we will post all updates to this page with a date they are posted.
All June Camps have been postponed. Here is our revised date list but please note these dates are subject to change.
- Scouts BSA at CE Session 1 – July 5-11
- Scouts BSA at CE Session 2 – July 12-18
- Scouts BSA at CE Session 3 – July 19-25
- Scouts BSA at SSR: July 26-August 1 (Sessions 1 and 2 consolidated to just the 1 session)
- Webelos Adventure Camp @ SSR: August 28-30 (Session A and B consolidated to just 1 session)
- Cub Adventure Camp @ Eastman: Session 1 September 11-13, Session 2 September 18-20 (Sessions A-C consolidated to 2 sessions)