Eagle Valley District Pinewood Derby
Come support the Pinewood Derby Champions from each Cub Scout Pack as they compete in friendly competition to be the Grand Champion! Parents, family members, community members, and fellow Cub Scouts are invited to cheer on the competitors.
Who May Attend: Top two racers from each Pack are invited to compete. Pre-registration is not necessary.
Fee: There is no cost
- 9:00 Registration
- 10:00 Contest Begins
WHEN: Saturday, April 18, 2020 at Quincy Mall, 3347 Quincy Mall, Quincy, IL 62301
District Race Rules:
- Each Cub Scout is to build a completely new car each year.
- Maximum overall width allowable is 2 ¾”.
- Overall length shall not exceed 7”, and not extend beyond the starting line.
- Cars must have 3/8” minimum clearance under the body, 1¾” minimum clearance between the inside of the wheels. All four wheels must touch the track, and the original wheelbase must be maintained.
- Weight shall not exceed five (5) ounces. No loose materials of any kind are permitted. The car may be built up to maximum weight, provided it is securely built into the body.
- The car shall be made of material from the Grand Prix Car Kit #17006. Substitutions may not be made. Nails may be polished.
- The wheels are not to be reduced in diameter or width. Sandpaper may be used to true the wheels, but contour of wheels cannot be changed. Bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- Details, such as steering wheel, driver, decals, painting, and interior are permissible. Wet paint is not acceptable.
- The car shall not ride on any type of springs.
- The car must be free-wheeling with no steering device.
- ONLY powdered lubricant may be used. Lubrication of cars will be allowed only before inspection and weigh-in. No lubrication is permitted on exposed surface of the wheels.
- Each car must pass inspection by the inspection official before it may compete. The inspector has the right to disqualify cars that do not meet specifications.
- If any car jumps the track more than three (3) times, it will automatically be disqualified.
- To enter any race, a boy must be a registered Cub Scout.
- Every Cub Scout will present and enter his own car, and must be present to receive an award.
- Judges’ decisions are final.