2021 National Jamboree
Are you interested in serving as a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster for the 2021 National Jamboree?
Please note that final dates for the 2021 National Jamboree have not been decided upon. We expect the trip to begin in the middle/end of July and run to the end of July or beginning of August.
Adult Leadership Requirements
Leadership for the Jamboree requires a serious commitment of time and financial resources. Please review these requirements prior to submitting an application.
• Serve as a Scout or Crew Leader (Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, or other Direct Contact position) for at least one year during the period 2017 – 2019.
• Complete basic training for your position by the end of 2019.
• Complete Youth Protection training prior to attending the Jamboree.
• Complete Wood Badge training prior to attending the Jamboree.
• Commit to recruit and retain a full 36-member troop/crew for the Jamboree.
• Encourage potential Jamboree youth leadership to participate in National Youth Leadership Training.
• Commit to attend the entire Jamboree and Post-Jamboree tour in July/August. Dates to be determined.
• Be able to serve as a role model of physical fitness with your BMI in line with the national standards.
• File a Personal Health and Medical Record form with the Mississippi Valley Council.
• Complete the Adult Application and submit it to the Council Service Center by September 30, 2019
• Complete an interview with the National Jamboree Committee
• Be approved by the Mississippi Valley Council Scout Executive
This form is due to either Council Service Center by June 1, 2019. Interviews will be conducted in the Summer of 2019.
National Jamboree Adult Application: PDF