2021 Chili Cook-off- Parkside Brewing Co.
Mississippi Valley Council Chili Cook-off, hosted by Parkside Brewing Company at 2601 Madison Avenue, Burlington, IA 52601
When: Saturday November 6, 2021 11am-3pm. (Teams may arrive as early at 9am to set up cook stations)
Where: Parkside Brewing Company 2601 Madison Avenue, Burlington, IA 52601
Entry Fee for Participants: $50 per cooking team – Teams should consist of 1-2 people.
Sponsorship and General Admission Information:
- $200 – Gold Level Sponsorship – 12 General Admission Tickets/Wristbands (60 voting tickets); Premiere Sponsorship Banner, Facebook Shoutouts, Placemat Signage
- $100 – Silver Level Sponsorship – 6 General Admission Tickets/Wristbands (30 voting tickets); Advertising Sign, Facebook Shoutouts, Placemat Signage
- $50 – Bronze Level Sponsorship – 3 General Admission Tickets/Wristbands (15 voting tickets); Facebook Shoutouts, Placemat Signage
- $10 – General Admission – 1 Ticket/Wristband (5 voting tickets)
- Additional voting tickets may be purchased for $2 per ticket.
Information for Participants:
- Parkside will supply cooking gloves and a sanitizer bucket to sanitize cooking surfaces and cooking tools.
- All food should be transported to the competition area in coolers to keep food at food safe temperatures.
- Any team that has unsafe food practices will be disqualified.
- Cooking teams must provide their own heat source or electricity via gas, propane, generator, etc. No electricity hook up will be provided.
- The meat used in the chili may be cooked before the competition. All other ingredients must be cut and prepped on-site.
- Your chili will be allowed to be cooked from 11am-3pm – teams can arrive as early at 9am to prep but cooking starts at 11am
- Plan to cook at least 4 Quarts of Chili
There are two categories
- Peoples Choice (voted on by the public with tickets)
- Judges Choice using the following criteria – smell, thickness, color, flavor and aftertaste