Shoquoquon District Pinewood Derby
Who May Attend:
- Top three racers from each Pack with Golden Ticket invitations are invited to join in the District Race. Boys will bea sked to show this ticket before the race.
- Open Class Races are open to Scouts, siblings, and adults. Only Rule – 5.0 ounce max.
- No Golden Ticket? Race in the preliminary race at 10:00 a.m. to win a spot in the District Race!
Fee: There is no cost
- 9:30 Preliminary Race Registration
- 10:00 Preliminary Race
- 10:30 Open Class Race
- 11:00 Best in Show Judging
- 11:00 District Race
WHEN: Saturday, April 21, 2018
WHERE: Heartland Harley Davidson, 117 S Roosevelt Ave., Burlington, IA
Preliminary & District Race Rules:
- The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches
- The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
- The car must have 1 ¾” clearance between the wheels.
- The car must use the original wheelbase locations.
- The car must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body so it does not rub on the track.
- The car shall not exceed 5.0 ounces.
- The official race scale that is used at car check-in shall be considered final.
- The official pine wood block must be used. The block may be shaped in any way that is desired with the exception that the front center must be the furthest front point of the car.
- Official BSA wheels must be used. The wheels may not be cut, drilled, beveled or rounded. You may remove the seams and imperfections from the wheels.
- Official BSA “nail” axles must be used. Axels may be polished and lubricated.
- Once a car passes inspection and is entered into the race, no modification may be made.
- If the car loses a wheel, or is otherwise damaged, the racer shall have 5 minutes to make repairs.
- Each car must pass inspection by the official inspection committee before it will be allowed to compete.
- The Inspection Committee has the responsibility to disqualify those cars that do not meet these rules.
Download Registration Form 2018 PWD Flyer