2020 Eagle Valley District Pinewood Derby
Who May Attend: Top two racers from each Pack are invited to compete
Fee: There is no cost
- 9:00 Registration
- 10:00 Contest Begins
WHEN: Saturday, March 21, 2020 at Nauvoo Colusa CSD 325, 2461 N State Highway 96, Nauvoo, IL 62354
District Race Rules:
- Each Cub Scout is to build a completely new car each year.
- Maximum overall width allowable is 2 ¾”.
- Overall length shall not exceed 7”, and not extend beyond the starting line.
- Cars must have 3/8” minimum clearance under the body, 1¾” minimum clearance between the inside of the wheels. All four wheels must touch the track, and the original wheelbase must be maintained.
- Weight shall not exceed five (5) ounces. No loose materials of any kind are permitted. The car may be built up to maximum weight, provided it is securely built into the body.
- The car shall be made of material from the Grand Prix Car Kit #17006. Substitutions may not be made. Nails may be polished.
- The wheels are not to be reduced in diameter or width. Sandpaper may be used to true the wheels, but contour of wheels cannot be changed. Bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- Details, such as steering wheel, driver, decals, painting, and interior are permissible. Wet paint is not acceptable.
- The car shall not ride on any type of springs.
- The car must be free-wheeling with no steering device.
- ONLY powdered lubricant may be used. Lubrication of cars will be allowed only before inspection and weigh-in. No lubrication is permitted on exposed surface of the wheels.
- Each car must pass inspection by the inspection official before it may compete. The inspector has the right to disqualify cars that do not meet specifications.
- If any car jumps the track more than three (3) times, it will automatically be disqualified.
- To enter any race, a boy must be a registered Cub Scout.
- Every Cub Scout will present and enter his own car, and must be present to receive an award.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
COMING SOON! Registration Form 2020 Pinewood Derby